Sulit Buy+Sell Report Sulit ID: 110053 Viewed: 120
Dog Trainer Apprenticeship Program
Apprenticeship Program - Full Time
Work Locations: Purok 6, Bankas Heights, Toril, Davao City 8025 Schedule: Full-time Program Job: Dog Training/All-around work
We are a national leader in the field of dog training. Our training includes advanced levels of off-leash obedience, executive protection, patrol, security, odor and substance detection as well as resolving extreme behavioral problems with family pets.
As an apprentice with HK9SI, you will play an absolutely vital role in our team. You must be committed and show a genuine interest. Apprenticeship program involves all-around work inside and out of our training facility.
As our local client response grows, we are looking for passionate and dedicated individual to join our team. This opportunity is just the beginning of your future at HK9SI where we support your development through diverse training possibilities.
- 18 years or older
- high school/trade school/college graduate or undergraduate
- ability to read, write and speak English language
- must be able to commit to longer of intensive classes and manual work per day (to observe and/or participate in)
- must be available weekends and holidays
The right candidate to work with our team as a dog training professional has the following qualities:
- A passion for dogs
- Must have patience
- A positive attitude
- Highly motivated
- Great people skills
- Can naturally establish rapport with any dog
- Be a genuine HK9SI ambassador who exemplifies our culture and values in all communications and interactions.
- Enjoys teaching dogs using positive reinforcement including food and tugs/ toys
- Physical capability to handle dogs of different sizes and activity level
- Willing to look silly in front of others in order to relate to dogs
- Willing to make mistakes, and be critiqued on those mistakes, long-term in order to continually be evolving as a trainer
- Ensuring that dogs in the training facility receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
- An ability to use and understand computers, phones and cameras
All new members to our training staff must learn our unique approach to dog training. However the following useful skills are beneficial, but not a necessity, for a position with our training team:
- Motivational obedience
- Marker training
- Working dog training (police/ protection/ dog sport handling)
- Decoy work (trainer who wears bite suit or sleeve in protection dog training)
- Has worked in obedience with breeds ranging from toy dogs such as Chihuahuas to the giant breeds such as the Great Dane.
Required License or Certification:
- A clean driving record and valid driver’s license preferred but not required